Fertilization in New Berlin
Fertilization Services in New Berlin
One of the biggest misconceptions about fertilizer is that it’s just plant food. The reality is that most soil doesn’t have the right nutrients to encourage healthy plants to grow. Without those nutrients, plants might grow but they won’t thrive. That goes for the plants in your garden and for your lawn. Fertilizer is designed to make your soil hospitable and healthy. It’s designed to turn normal, mediocre soil, into soil that’s rich in nutrients.
JL Property Services, LLC is a specialty landscaping company that has perfected lawn and garden fertilization techniques. Fertilization is a not a one-time-deal that you get at the beginning of the year. It’s a treatment program that needs to be applied throughout the growing season.
If you live in New Berlin and want a green lawn or a thriving garden, contact the fertilizer pros at JL Property Services, LLC today!
Lawn Fertilization Programs
At JL Property Services, LLC, we know that every plot of soil is a little different. Even within the same city, the soil from one area is bound to be different from another. Not to mention the fact that everyone’s garden has different plants and many people have different types of grass on their lawn.
That’s why we tailor our fertilization plans to suit the needs of each client. Before we set up a schedule, we’ll come over to assess your property and come up with a program that will work for it. Through the assessment, we’ll figure out what type of fertilizer you’ll need and how many applications will be necessary.
Five-Step Lawn Care Program for New Berlin
We’ve developed an overall structure that can be used as a fertilization plan for most New Berlin lawns. This structure can be modified to suit the needs of most local residents. It has five basic features:
- Spring Application: In March or April, once the soil has had a chance to thaw out, we use a balanced fertilizer that also controls broadleaf weeds and crabgrass.
- Late Spring Application: In May or June we apply a balanced fertilizer and broadleaf weed control.
- Summer Application: In July or August we apply a slow released balanced fertilizer and a spot application of weed control.
- Late Summer Application: In late August or September we apply a balanced fertilizer and weed control.
- Fall Application: In October and November we prepare your lawn for the winter with a fertilizer that’s designed to prepare the root system for winter.
Garden and Shrub Fertilization
Your garden needs some love too! In order to have a luscious and healthy garden, it’s important to use the right fertilizers to condition the soil. Our fertilization experts will figure out exactly what kind of fertilizer your garden needs to make sure it’s all ready to grow all the flowers and plants that you want.
The most important chemical elements that fertilization can bring to your garden are:
- • Carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen
- • Nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium
- • Sulfur, calcium, and magnesium
- • Boron, cobalt, copper, iron, manganese, and zinc
Contact us today to learn about how fertilization can help your plants thrive!